Tuesday, December 27, 2011

About Making New Food Choices

Jicama Salad with cucumber and bell peppers

I'm not on a diet.
This is a choice.
I'm not feeling deprived.
There are not foods I "can't have."
I am choosing to eat a certain way.
I am choosing to change my life.
I don't miss cheesy pizza.
I don't miss pecan pie.
I don't miss feeling stuffed and kludgy.
I have more energy.
I have fewer mood swings.
I do feel hungry sometimes and that's ok. It's normal. And I will survive.
I want to have a better life and I'm making choices to make it better.
There's no way to "cheat" because then I would be the cheated-upon.
I don't care what you eat or don't eat.
I just want you to understand that you don't have to feel bad for me, hide what you're eating from me, or express pity for me.
I'm fine. I feel happier about food than I have in a long time. This is a path I want to be on.

PS Down 13 pounds in 5 weeks.

1 comment:

alienbody said...

Congrats! I wish you well on your in your new lifestyle. I'm heading down the same path. Making small steps/choices now and then tweaking as I go. First step. Eliminating sugar from my coffee, then eventually cream and most definitely the hydrogenated crap! Good luck to you!