Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Sharky's NuMex Caesar Salad

Sharky's NuMex Caesar Salad
I have an apparently undying love for this salad. It is made from romaine lettuce, coated with a creamy dressing. It has chopped tomatoes, roasted pumpkin seeds and shredded cotija cheese.

This "NuMex" (whatever that means) Caesar Salad is liberally garnished with squares of spiced crispy flour tortilla and tiny thin strips of corn tortilla chips.

As you can see, I top it with about a cup of Sharky's Killer Original Salsa - made from canned tomatoes, I believe, but this is a good use for them. They are fire-roasted and ground with chiles, onions, garlic and cilantro. I could eat this salsa from a bowl with a spoon, by itself.

I started going to Sharky's a little over 2 years ago. I have probably eaten this salad 50 times. Pathetic? Maybe. I really, really love it.

Sharky's Organic Mexican Food

No comments: