Thursday, April 21, 2005

Creme de la creme

Today I found out what Creme de la creme really means. I bought some Straus Family Creamery whipping cream.

I had never bought it before, but I was eagerly anticipating tasting it, since everything else they make is so good. Their whole milk yogurt is the best yogurt I have ever tasted. It is smooth and rich and like the essence of a sunny, grassy field all right there in a plastic carton.

Their European-style butter is equally good.

So I opened the cute little glass bottle of whipping cream this morning and the top looked a little weird. Not liquid. I stuck my finger in the neck of the bottle and voila! The cream of the cream had all gathered at the top, making something even thicker and more sumptious than cream itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm... my kids like the cream on top of Brown Cow yogurt. There's something heart-warming about cream on the happy lips of a munchkin... :-)

Stephanie
http://thedailyvegetable.com

Anonymous said...

Surely you've heard the phrase "The cream rises to the top"?